If you’re like me, you’re anxiously awaiting the newest addition to the Finlay Donovan Series! I was going to wait until the start of the year to read Finlay Donovan Jumps the Gun, but I juuuuuust couldn’t do it. So, I’ve already read it and reviewed it — but you’ll have to wait a little while longer for my review.
Here’s a little bit of information about the newest installment:
Audiobook Narrated by: Angela Dawn
Total Pages: 304
Current Goodreads Rating: 4.07 ☆
Pub Date: 1/31/2023
Today I’m sharing my entry for the #FinlayDonovanChiliCookoff that Minotaur Books and Elle Cosimano are hosting. The contest winner will have their recipe featured in the Hit-Mom Book Club Guide for Finlay Donovan Jumps the Gun.
Usually, when making chili, I throw together whatever extra I have lying around, so sitting down to put a recipe together was fun! Now, I don’t eat meat, BUT when using this recipe, you can easily add meat at the beginning and let it brown before adding all the other ingredients!
- Chop all vegetables
- Add 2 tbsp of olive oil to dutch oven, turn to medium heat.
- Add chopped red & white onion; let them saute for a 2-3 minutes
- Add bell peppers, celery, jalapeno & let those saute for 2-3 minutes
- Add all beans, 2 cans of diced tomatoes, then fill can with water & dump that into the dutch oven, add salsa & stir
- Add chili powder, oregano, cumin, cayenne pepper, and cocoa powder & stir everything together.
- Bring to a simmer & then cover
- Let cook for 2 hours; stirring occasionally to make sure it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the dutch oven. Reduce heat if necessary.
- After 2 hours, add handful of dark chocolate chips, stir until melted.
- Add to bowl, add toppings, biscuits and enjoy!
I chose a Dutch Oven recipe because I thought it would give Nick and Finally a chance to catch up 😉 while waiting for the chili to cook. Plus, if extra time were needed before dinner 😉😉 – the recipe would do fine to cook longer.
Also, in case you were wondering, “the serving sizes are huge” and that you’ll probably need to go “back for seconds,” and of course, don’t forget to add Nick’s biscuits because from what I hear, they are “utterly spectacular.”
Cheers to Friday-Eve, my friends! Let’s hope the end of the week is a breeze.