As summer is quickly approaching, I wanted to share with you one of my favorite Key Lime Pie recipes. It is easy to make and takes no time at all.
Key Lime Pie
- Servings: 8 – 10
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
FOR THE CRUST
- 18 whole graham crackers
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 8 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
FOR THE FILLING:
- Two 14oz cans of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp. of grated lime zest
- 3/4 cup key lime juice (doesn’t have to be fresh key limes)
FOR THE TOPPING
- 1 cup cold heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp confections sugar
- 1 tbsp key lime juice
- 2 tsp. grated lime zest
- Lime slices for serving
* You will need a 9″ x 2″ pie dish *
FOR THE CRUST:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Spray your pie dish with non-stick cooking spray
- Melt the butter
- In a food processor (or blender) combine the ingredients for the crust
- Pulse until fine crumbs are formed
- Save 4 tbsp and set to the side for later
- Pour remaining crumbs into pie dish and then spread evenly around the bottom
- Begin working your work up the sides of the pie dish and then move to the bottom of the dish and use a measuring cup to press the crumbs firmly into the the bottom of the pie dish.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until just lightly brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool
- Once the pie is out of the oven, lower the temperature to 350 degrees F
FOR THE FILLING
- Whisk all of the filling ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Pour the thick mixture into the prepared graham cracker crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until the filling is almost set; it should have some wobble to it. *Please note that all oven times vary and you should keep an eye on this pie from the 12 minute mark on.*
- Remove from oven and place on a wire rack.
- Let pie cool at room temperature for 30 minutes. Then place the pie in the refrigerator to chill, about 4 hours.
FOR THE WHIPPED TOPPING:
- Setting aside 1 tsp of lime zest, combine all of the ingredients into a large bowl and whip until peaks begin to form. Then place in the fridge until it is time to place on the pie.
Once the pie has cooled you can now top with the whipped cream. I sprinkled on the remaining graham cracker crumbs and lime zest on top of the whipped cream. Then place lime wedges on top for decoration.
Serve and enjoy!